Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolutions.....

So here it is... 2010 already.... and time to decide how we're going to make ourselves and our lives better in the coming year.

I, for one, am not sorry to see 2009 go... It had been a rough year for us. I'm hoping that 2010 holds new promise and good fortune. I am ready for the clean slate and a fresh start!

So here are my resolutions for 2010:

1) Spend more time with my family. QUALITY time! I want to do more as a family than just sit around the dinner table or television. Camping
trips, nature walks, trips to the park with the dog... that kind of thing. I also want to pencil in some one-on-one time with each of my guys.... hubby included. They all deserve to feel the special love of some time with me all to themselves.
2) Take some time for ME. As a working mother, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day... everyone is needing you for something. You're constantly giving of yourself, especially in the profession that I work in (medicine). I've decided that in order to be a better mother/caregiver/person.... that I need to treat myself to some downtime. A bubble bath here and there.... 30 minutes of uninterrupted time with a book.... time to work on my soaping/crafts.... a walk in the woods to clear my head... a night out with the girls occasionally. I need some ME time... I just KNOW that my family and everyone else would benefit from it as much as I would.

And, finally.. 3) I want to learn more. I have always loved learning new things, and that's one of the reasons I went into medicine.. it's constantly evolving. Besides learning little bits and pieces here and there... I want to learn how to make Cold Process Soap. I've been wanting to do this for a while now, and have been studying up on recipes and techniques. This is going to be a goal for me this year.... to buy the supplies, and make a batch of CP soap. I know it doesn't sound like much to most people.. but my goals are simple... Family, friends and soap. =o)

May 2010 bring you all nothing but happiness and good fortune!

No comments:

Post a Comment